SAMPLE RECIPE: Corn on the Cob with Chili and Lime
SERVES: 6 / PREP TIME: 5 minutes / COOK TIME: 4 1/2 hours (LOW), 2 hours (HIGH)
Fresh corn on the cob is a delicious part of summer meals. This recipe goes beyond plain corn on the cob and takes it to the level of Mexican street food with the addition of chili powder and lime. If you’ve never cooked corn in the slow cooker before, you are in for a treat. Since the corn steams inside the aluminum foil instead of boiling in water, it doesn’t lose any of its flavor. When you unwrap the packets, you’ll have perfectly cooked, tender, buttery corn with the refreshing flavor of chili and lime. Best of all, this method is great when you are cooking for a crowd.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, lime juice, chili powders, salt, pepper, and lime zest until well blended.
2. Cut six large squares of aluminum foil, and place an ear of corn in the center of each square. Cover each ear of corn with 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture.
3. Wrap corn tightly in the foil.
4. Place the wrapped corn in the slow cooker, and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours or on high for 2 hours.
5. Unwrap the corn and add more seasonings if needed. Serve hot.
INGREDIENTS: 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice 1 1/2 tsp chili powder 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp lime zest 6 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
Publisher : Rockridge Press (August 31, 2015)
Language : English
Paperback : 176 pages
ISBN-10 : 1623154529
ISBN-13 : 978-1623154523
Item Weight : 14.7 ounces
Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.48 x 9.25 inches
, $3.99, $3.99