Sample Recipe: Vegetable Lasagna
Prep: 20 minutes / Cook: 6 minutes on stove top plus 7 hours on low
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the marinara sauce.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the Parmesan.
3. Line the slow cooker with heavy-duty foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Put one-third of the marinara mixture in the slow cooker. Top with half of the noodles, breaking some to fit if necessary.
5. Top the noodles with half of the cheese mixture, followed by half of the spinach.
6. Add half of the remaining marinara mixture and the remaining noodles, cheese mixture, and spinach. Top with the remaining marinara mixture.
7. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and paprika.
8. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the noodles are tender when pierced with a fork.
9. Turn off the slow cooker and let stand, covered, for 30 minutes.
10. Using the foil, lift the lasagna out of the slow cooker. Slice and serve.
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 6 to 8 no-boil lasagna noodles, divided 1 onion, chopped, 1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves, divided 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika 2 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce (page 36), divided 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, Nonstick cooking spray
Publisher : Sonoma Press; Illustrated edition (September 15, 2015)
Language : English
Paperback : 250 pages
ISBN-10 : 1942411197
ISBN-13 : 978-1942411192
Item Weight : 1.3 pounds
Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.72 x 9.25 inches
, $8.99, $8.99